Suggestions - 25th August

Please post any and all suggestions you have for improving the site. Joke threads will be moved to the dumpster!
Storm
Bronze

Suggestions - 25th August

Postby Storm » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:02 pm

- IPB: Investing in IPB ( or even xenforo) would be a great idea, as it's much more modern and safer in terms of web security. vB is also quite good, but fairly outdated now.

- Podcast / Active Community YT: Top 5 plays, Meta predictions, Game Analysis / Breakdowns, Vod uploads.

- Amateur League Tournaments: Promote newer teams / players getting into the scene.

- Giveaways Galore: Great way to promote the site

- Anti-Spam: Not sure if there's an anti-spam system implemented atm, but definitely needed.

- Reputation / Like system: to upvote / like threads.
Genome
Bronze

Re: Suggestions - 25th August

Postby Genome » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 am

I like all of these, minus the reputation system. Encourages people to shitpost for reddit upvotes, and we allll know how that turns out.
ronnie
OCEOW Full Mod

Re: Suggestions - 25th August

Postby ronnie » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:48 am

Anubis wrote:- IPB: Investing in IPB ( or even xenforo) would be a great idea, as it's much more modern and safer in terms of web security. vB is also quite good, but fairly outdated now.

- Podcast / Active Community YT: Top 5 plays, Meta predictions, Game Analysis / Breakdowns, Vod uploads.

- Amateur League Tournaments: Promote newer teams / players getting into the scene.

- Giveaways Galore: Great way to promote the site

- Anti-Spam: Not sure if there's an anti-spam system implemented atm, but definitely needed.

- Reputation / Like system: to upvote / like threads.

1. We are actually on top of this, and have a plan in place for the future. phpBB was always a quick and nasty solution for the short-term. Can't say much more than that at present, but we will definitely update everyone once we can.

2. Is something we are looking at as well. Once again, we will update once we are able to with more details.

3. We discussed this. Being that we are aiming to be a neutral site, we will not be running tournaments ourselves. We will, however, be happy to promote and possibly help any organisation that wishes to run one.

4. Not really viable at the moment. Maybe in the future.

5. Images... the bane of my existance at the moment. There was a small misconfiguration that I was unaware of until I tried to post an image in my test area. This is now fixed. Using [img] tags should allow posting of images once again.

6. There is anti-spambot in place at registration, and no posting is allowed without first registering. If someone does register manually and starts spamming, it will be taken care of.

7. We're undecided whether to implement this at the moment. Give us a week or so to settle in to things. :)

Overall, while it seems like there isn't much happening visibly to general users, behind the scenes things are moving pretty quickly for a site that is only 4 days old.
Sleep deprived. Barely awake at any point in the day. Pat the bunny for good luck.

Return to “Suggestions”