concerns about the oversexualisation of women

Please post any and all suggestions you have for improving the site. Joke threads will be moved to the dumpster!
tommyknocker
Bronze

Postby tommyknocker » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:36 am

Widow and tracer in skin tights. It's like you are trying to attract lonely young males to the forum by way of sexual imagery. Perhaps more butt genji for the ladies.

Just a humble man's opinion.
sinistar! tommyknocker
LadyLabby
Bronze

Postby LadyLabby » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:44 pm

Most video-games with female characters focus on the feminine physical quantities heavily. So the bust, waist, hips and legs have massive emphasis. Whether it's clothing that barely covers the chest, or skin tight leggings, it's all a very common theme. (Except Mei with her puffy clothes, but even then you can see the size of her bust, and even old Ana with her robes and stuff.)

As long as players don't think that all woman in the real world look like that, flawless with a big rump/chest, then I see nothing wrong with it. Games are fictional, and characters can appear as the developers desire.

Just my opinion as one of the many woman gamers out there. I'm sure a males point of view may differ from mine.
BNet: LadyLabby#1243
Discord: LadyLabby#8544
ronnie
OCEOW Full Mod

Postby ronnie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Thanks for the input on this! Initially, I was going to just leave the background as is, but even before this was brought up, I got to thinking about a way to rotate backgrounds between random characters and maps on a daily or weekly basis.

The only thing is I haven't gotten around to making the damn things yet. Keep your eyes peeled, and maybe someday soon, you'll see something different there. :)
Sleep deprived. Barely awake at any point in the day. Pat the bunny for good luck.
BobbyJ
Silver

Postby BobbyJ » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:27 am

To be honest I didn't even take notice, also I agree with LadyLabby they are fictional just like most guys in reality don't have six packs and a ripped muscular frame.

If there several people who are uncomfortable I don't see a problem changing the background.
Overwatch Commentator
MastermindsGC Staff
Twitter: @The_BobbyJ
Youtube: youtube.com/c/TheBobbyJ
tommyknocker
Bronze

Postby tommyknocker » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:35 pm

I was kind of taking the piss, but looks like you have changed the appearance overall anyway.
sinistar! tommyknocker
nectar
Bronze

Postby nectar » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:34 pm

As a rather large individual, I find it extremely offensive that this post has been generalised to just the oversexualisation of females. As roadhog is a rather hyper-sexualised figure and depicts my body type rather well I find it extremely offensive he has not been mentioned in this thread.

Hereby I am writing with great concern that roadhog is allowed to freely show his nipples.
I can clearly see mercy, symmetra and pharah on the background screen, but again this is just another example of a female dominated world.
I am requesting roadhog be easily visible on the background to help balance the male to female ratio and show some much needed respect for the overweight male race.

If several people who are uncomfortable, you shouldn't see a problem in changing the background.
Haydz
Bronze

Postby Haydz » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:57 pm

I agree with nectar

Return to “Suggestions”